Effective as of March 1st 2017
AKMI Corporation’s replacement parts are warrantied to be free of defects in material and workmanship when used under normal operating service and conditions.
AKMI Corporation’s replacement parts are intended to be used on truck engines. Many parts may also be used in the function of marine, construction, generator or other non-truck related engine applications. Warranty consideration will be based on truck application guidelines only.
AKMI parts are covered for 1 year – up to 100,000 miles / 160,984 km, or 1,200 hours, whichever occurs first, providing the part has been installed within 18 months of the purchase date from AKMI.
Parts may be returned for “Account Credit” prior to the 18-month period, but must have approval from AKMI representative (with email verification) and are subject to a 15% restocking fee. Items returned for credit are to be shipped at customer’s expense.
- Customer must notify AKMI Corporation of any returns, defective or stock, prior to sending parts back to AKMI Corporation.
- For defective warranty claims, AKMI must be notified immediately of the defect prior to any repair work being done.
- Warranty claims will be assigned a Return Authorization Number (RA#) prior to any parts being returned.
- Parts involved in warranty claim are to be shipped to AKMI at the customer’s expense. If claim is valid, AKMI will reimburse shipping charges – documentation of charges will be required for compensation. AKMI will not accept returns sent freight collect (without prior approval) or returns sent without an RA#.
AKMI Corporation’s Warranty will cover the customer purchase price of part from AKMI. An advance replacement part may be sent out at customer request and will be billed as normal. Credit will not be issued until inspection of defective part can be completed.
AKMI pays labor charges in the amount of $35 per hour. Labor charges are calculated by using the S.R.O. labor guidelines for the engine type and repair being performed.
Valid warranty claims will be compensated in the form of “Account Credit”, to be used towards future purchases on the customer’s account.
- Returning new/unused product requires an RA# before product can be returned and product is subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- AKMI must be notified within 10 days of receipt of shipment – of any short-shipped product or price discrepancies from the original invoice in order for AKMI to honor the claim
- Orders canceled after product has shipped is subject to 15% restocking fee and all freight charges involved.
- Compensation will be in the form of “Account Credit”, to be used against future purchases.
- AKMI Corporation is not responsible for any failure resulting from; Owner or Operator abuse, neglect, alteration of products original specifications, exposure to elements or damage caused by accident.
- AKMI Corporation is not responsible for improper repair work, improper installation or parts that have been altered from their original state.
- AKMI Corporation does not warranty parts that are provided at a “no-charge” basis or sold under “special circumstances”. In these cases, an AKMI representative will send the customer verification via email at the time of sale.
- AKMI Corporation is not responsible for diagnostic labor, labor on unrelated repair work at time of warranty repair, any “down time” expenses while repair work is done, or business expenses or losses from a warrantable failure.
- AKMI will not pay for expenses related to obtaining replacement parts from a third party, such as an OEM dealer or aftermarket source, unless prior authorization has been given by an AKMI representative.
- AKMI Corporation shall not be held liable for consequential damages resulting from a breach of warranty.
This Warranty Policy is subject to change without advanced notice. Please refer to this website for most updated version.
This is the sole warranty of parts manufactured and sold by AKMI Corporation and is provided only to “Direct Customers” of AKMI Corporation.